we have made it 5 months!! yoo hooo!!!
and of course there are exciting things going on in our lives!
Sarah: as for me i am now teaching at a bilingual
Christian school called The Lincoln School. For the rest of this year i will be teaching 9th and 12th grade literature...which has to be my favorite subject ever! yeah not so much but i am learning a TON. next year i will be teaching 4th grade which i am really excited about even though i am kinda enjoying being with high schoolers. we will see how it goes. I am also getting my masters!!! how exciting! it is in international education, and is through a college in the Boston. it is a total of 9 classes and i will complete it in august of 2010
Omar: is taking classes online to get his degree in education! one day we can both be teachers and have summers off! how wonderful would that be! he is working with our friend Karina who does lawyer stuff and they go make people pay their debts. doesnt sound so fun to me but it works for now.
On saturdays we go to a place called Mesa Colorada where we volunteer with our church and do a kids club with the kids from that neighborhood. I am working with the 4 and 5 year old kids which is hard when they are not speaking in your mother language but it has been a great challenge. Omar is working with the moms! which was interesting since we didnt actually have anything originally planned for them but so many show up every week that its not just a kids club it turns out being a kids and moms club! we are sharing basic knowledge about JESUS and how He came to save us from our sins. It has been an incredible adventure so far and we are really excited to continue for the rest of this year as our commitment :o)
OTHER EXCITING NEWS...
- Omars sister is having a baby girl!!!! her name is going to be Violeta and they dont know what her middle name will be yet. I just found out she is going to have to have a c-section so we will be praying hard for Miriam and the new addition to the family! im going to have a NIECE!!!!
- Omars brother is getting married!!! yooo hooooo!!! another gringa is being added to the family!
- Valerie and Katie are BOTH getting married this year!
- its my year for christmas this year! cant wait christmas in MD, YOO HOO!!!
- My nephew tyler is turning one!!!! and we get to be there for his party yoo hooo!!!!
- I WILL BE CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY WITH MY FAMILY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS!! HOW EXCITING! I am also the lucky one that is having my birthday on Easter fo the second time in my life. cool.
sarah and omar.